Monday, November 27, 2006

4th Pennsylvania Battalion, 1776


This is a pencil sketch for a future figure study painting. It's another early war subject that is wearing a patched and cut down uniform that was issued early in 1776. Like the American Civil War of later years there were a variety of uniforms worn by the fledgling American army.


I need to make a few anatomical corrections before transferring the drawing to multimedia board. I have not yet decided on the size for this one. It will either be 8 x 10 or 11 x 14. I like the 8 x 10 size, although the larger size is probably more practical for use in reproduction.

2 comments:

PeteC said...

Gary,
Nice site! It's a nice color scheme and the layout is simple and effective. Custom sites are great but they're also a lot of work.

I'm anxious to see the painting in progress!

Gary Dombrowski said...

Pete, Thanks, I do appreciate you taking the time to look. I changed the blog template as the first one was way too light.