Friday, December 29, 2006

4th Pennsylvania Battalion painting


I started this piece a few days after finishing the painting for the APG fund raiser. This figure study will have a complete landscape surrounding it as opposed to just having a shadow and or bit of ground beneath his feet. With the experience gained on the past couple of paintings I hope to improve the look of the figure as well as the landscape on this piece. The uniform worn by this rifleman will be a cut down blue coat with white facings. I'm not sure what color the waistcoat and breeches are going to be, but they're going to be worn out and dirty.


The sky and background, along with the trees furthest from the viewer are complete. The larger trees will have more detail. I managed to salvage some leaves off of my patio that will be used as the model for the numerous leaves that will be scattered about. The painting is 8 x 10 and is done in acrylics.

No comments: