Thursday, December 7, 2006

Let it snow


We're finally getting some serious snow accumulation here at home. Being a homebody this is really my favorite time of the year. There's no better excuse for working on figure stuff than getting a foot of snow that keeps you indoors. I tried to get a decent picture of the view outside of my workroom window. After several attempts I decided on an alternative to my Winter themed posting. I sketched out the snowman then transferred him to a piece of Multimedia Board (it's great stuff) and painted him in acrylics. He's on a 5" X 10" piece with the image measuring out at about 5". This piece sidetracked me for about 4 hours from beginning to end. It was fun to do a children's type illustration which also gave me a little more "brush time". The only thing I did not do was tweak the color a bit. My scanner almost always leaves the browns more red than an earthy color.

Now it's time to get back to the few projects I have awaiting completion. The 1/35 Confederate Marine and 54mm 2nd Wisconsin figure are nearly done. They will free up even more time to complete my contribution to the Artist Preservation Group (APG). I am painting a portrait of Colonel Lucius Fairchild of the 2nd Wisconsin. The proceeds of the coming auction will go towards the restoration of Fairchild's forage cap and vest. Go to my links and check out the APG's website to find out about the organization and it's efforts to help preserve our history.

No comments: