Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Photoshop fun


I'm going to be putting a few things together for the Artist Preservation Group and I'll hopefully be handy enough to do some stuff in photoshop that will be of use. I put together this Iron Brigade piece just as an exercise. I thought a picture of the 24th Michigan monument at Gettysburg would make a fitting background. The photo was "cropped" so I would end up with a round image, which payed homage to the brigade being part of the 1st Corps of the Army of the Potomac. I further enhanced the image by coloring the entire image red, which was the color of their Corp badge. It's a simple design which a lot could be done with. I may put it on a T-shirt just to see what it looks like. anyway it was fun to do.

4 comments:

Jason said...

Wow, pard! That would make an excellent t-shirt design...Book cover too.

~j

Jason said...

Like your new banner too...Photoshop also?

Gary Dombrowski said...

Jason, Thanks. Yeah I antiqued the photo a photo taken during vacation and just added plugged in the title minus all the other text.

Jay said...

that would be a great lookin tee-shirt, Gary.