Sunday, September 23, 2007

A toned board


I finally got around to transfering the drawing onto my 5 x 7 piece of multimedia board. I decided to try toning my board first instead of a tonal painting or just blocking in the main shapes. The drawing was transfered using a softer grade of drawing pencil to insure the image would be visible. My main concern is the pencil smearing or lifting if I get water on it. I've decided to go in and outline the drawing with paint so I not only have a guide but that it seals in the pencil.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Looks good, pard. The background looks very rich and should make your study pop.

Gary Dombrowski said...

Jason, Thanks. By the time I get finished blocking in the background there will be little, if anything of what you see showing.Hopefully what I have planned will help the figure pop.