Friday, March 14, 2008

Mini Photoshop projects and getting off my butt


I've been fiddling around with Photoshop and do these little projects from time to time. I designed these blog headers for two folks that are linked on my blog. I've designed about three for Jason, one of which is pictured here. Matt does not know about his. The parachuting solders in the background of his is actually one photo duplicated twice with the planes "erased" in one copy.

This past year and a half have been horrible in terms of me getting stuff done. Though I'm getting a painting done every so often my sculpting has all but come to a halt. I'd like to open my Miniature Sculpting blog but want to do it with something new. Having said that, I feel the need to finish what few things are almost done before beginning something new. Okay guys let the suggestions and opinions fly, I need to get this other blog underway. Thanks in advance.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Gary, you really have a nack for finding stuff on the web. How about
listing links and posting pics of things that inspire the sculptor in you. Whether it be subjects on anatomy, clothing/uniforms or equipment/weapons.

Another suggestion would be showing aspiring sculptors on how to prepare a figure for commercial
production. Things that would help the producer in the molding/casting process.

If your thinking of jumping into a project right off. How 'bout a period civilian/laborer. Thats a subject not often done and done well. You've sent me several images of the everyday "joe" that would make interesting subjects.

Jason

Gary Dombrowski said...

Jason, Thanks for the suggestions pard. All three are great ideas for postings, while a few could cover several postings. As for a figure subject a civilian/laborer would be perfect. I hope to get this underway soon. ~Gary

About VERA said...

Gary

I've got my header to work! At last! It looks great, cheers mate.

Matt