Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ansbach-Bayreuth Jaeger, 1777-83,


For me inspiration comes from many sources. It could be a photograph or even a period painting or drawing. The inspiration for this 5 X 7 acrylic "mini" study comes from a scratchbuilt miniature by Jason Whitman. There are about 3-4 of Jason's pieces (so far) that will one day become studies or paintings. Jason has a knack for depicting Revolutionary and Civil War subjects giving them all that period look.Check out Jason's work I'm sure you'll agree with me.

http://jaywhitsminiatures.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

DeWolfe said...

Hey Gary. This is an excellent painting. I think I have a new favourite here!

Jason said...

Wonderful work my friend! I'm honored that you find inspiration from my figures. I hope to own one of your paintings someday.

Jason

Pete said...

I have to agree, Gary, a new favorite!

Pete

Gary Dombrowski said...

Guys, Thanks for the kind words. I'm trying improve my stuff technically and this quick small stuff fits the bill. I may try to squeeze in one more "mini" before the next big project that is being sketched out. Thanks again, I do appreciate it. ~Gary