Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Mom the hero

In conjunction with Lincoln's Birthday I had planned on doing the first of at least a few posts celebrating his 200th. This changed last Thursday when I rushed to my parent's house following a frantic call from my Mother. My Father had not only collapsed but stopped breathing. The 911 operator talked my Mom through CPR, That is after Mom (100lbs soaking wet) got Dad (200+ a little) onto the floor from a chair. The "sweet" little lady that saved her Husband with CPR quickly became the talk of ICU. Things are looking up as he was released to the step down unit next to ICU today. It turned out Dad has a large blood clot in his right lung and three smaller ones in his left. Needless to say the Docs are amazed that he survived at all. He's not totally out of the woods yet but each day is more promising. Dad is still trying to process that Mom got his heart going again until the Fire Department and Paramedics arrived. My wife always says of my Mom that dynamite comes in small packages. She's right.

5 comments:

Jason said...

What a wonderful women! God bless her. I hope your Dad is doing better. Our prayers are with you all.

Heatnzl said...

Gary. What a fright for you. Your Mum is stronger than think and bless her for that. All My best to you.
Cheers,
Karl.

Pete said...

Wow, that's a great story. I hope your dad is ok...you must be very proud of your mom!

Gary Dombrowski said...

Pete, Yeah. Naturally she's not making a big deal about it, but I know she realizes that had she not been home the story would have had quite a different ending.

Matt said...

Just read this Gary! I hope both your Dad and your Mum are ok? My thoughts are with you all. Matt.