Saturday, September 12, 2009

Can you hear me now?


I sometimes post my stuff on a site called Wet Canvas. It's a great site with artists of various tastes and levels of technical skill. Anyway I posted a few pictures of this painting looking for feedback. I heeded the advice I was given and reworked the ear and darkened the upper eyelid. I thought the ear looked a bit funky anyway and it did not take too long to fix.

Now it's back to sculpting and preparing a drawing for a new small painting. This one might just be done in oils.

2 comments:

Jim Johnston said...

Very nice Gary, Yeah the ear looks right now. Great to see you so productive.

Gary Dombrowski said...

Thanks Jim. As I make the gradual switch to oils I'll be getting some sound advice from one of the top historical artists. Though the details are not yet worked out I'm going to be going down for a weekend this winter to paint with Keith Rocco. Pete Culos will be there also. We're pretty fired up about this. More details as they come.