Friday, September 11, 2009

Time to work


I finally finished this 6" X 6" study of a Union drummer relaxing. It was done on Ampersand Gessoboard which is really great stuff. It's basically masonite with a gessoed surface with a touch of texture. It's great stuff and is a lot stronger than the multimedia board I've been using. I hope to not only give this blog a makeover but start my miniature sculpting blog soon. I have a few projects that I'd like to start, and will once a few other get done. These are a lot closer than they were before. I know I'm slow, but I'll take a snail's pace over none at all at this point.Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Looks great pard!

Do you frame all your studies?

Jason

Gary Dombrowski said...

Jason, Thanks. No, I've only framed three of my paintings since I started back to painting three years ago. If not for the APG show I probably would not have framed those. :)

Joe said...

Hey Gary,

Looks nice. Would love to have one of these one day to hang up in the house, next to the Don,Umble and Reeves.

Joe