Friday, January 7, 2011

Redemption and Ted Williams

At some point we've seen people like Ted Williams. I've seen them here in my own hometown. Years ago I sometimes walked by or stepped over people like him on my morning walk to the Art Institute. By now I'm sure a lot of you have seen or heard his story in the news. With politics and war being a constant topic it nice to see and hear a "feel good" story for a change.


Now I know this has NOTHING to do with historical art, not to mention art in general. I do think that it has a little to do with the power that any natural talent or learned skill potentially possesses, and the great changes it could bring into your life.  I hope Ted with his (checkered) past behind him is able to make a successful return to his passion for radio with that "golden voice". To say he's been given the second chance of a lifetime is an understatement. Any future professional opportunities should also be backed with the support needed to prevent another downward spiral.
For those not familiar with his story check it out.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6kI_u3ho_c&feature=related

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. 

2 comments:

Jason said...

This a great story. I saw the blurb on my homepage but didn't check it out...Glad you posted it.

Peter said...

Pretty cool story! I hope he holds it together!